image1 image2 image3

MAMA MAKES|THREE KIDS UNDER FOUR

ME ME ME!



After reminiscing over "the forgotten me" I  realised I was long overdue some me time and booked myself in for a facial...not just any facial, the validation facial at Lush Spa, Kings Road. Three letters O M G! it took me from grey and drab to living breathing human in an hour and 20 mins.

I of course booked the treatment for 9.30am so that I could run out of the house before my husband could realise he was being left to fend for himself with the boys. I also picked a location on the other side of London forcing me to have a full day sans nappy bag.

I'm not going to dress it up the treatments here are expensive. The validation facial costing £85 however I have not had a day away from the kids in 9 weeks! 9 very long weeks! I figured I was really only spending £10 a week on myself for the time I had been held hostage.


So the session starts with meeting your therapist. I had a lovely lady called Keira who started with a  consultation that lasted about 20 minutes going through my skin type (grey, greasy, wrinkly) and what treatments I currently use (baby wet wipe quickly wiped around my face before falling asleep). From there we went onto the shop floor and holding a slate pallete  like an artist she took me round all the products that she needed to use for the treatment and I got to select which ones I wanted. Together we created the most wonderful array of splodges on the pallet. There was a lot of sniffing and rubbing in of samples. I love a freebie so made the most of being able to experiment with everything and rubbed creams into every exposed piece of skin on my body. I mean one of their facial serums was created specifically for Princess Diana I couldn't miss out on that especially as it has a price tag of £42.


The treatment rooms are incredible there are littles bottles of potions and lotions dotted around amongst the vintage homewares. Lush also has its own music department and each treatment has its own specially created soundtrack. The music I experienced took me to the Dorset coastline where Lush was born and it was beautiful.

After this the treatment begins! As I have a habit of falling fast asleep when anything remotely relaxing occurs I made a huge effort to stay awake and enjoy every moment. I'm not going to ruin it and take you through the exact treatment but it is so much more than a facial. Note to future users shave legs and armpits! Luckily for both Keira and I, I treated myself to a ten minute shower this morning so both the above were achieved! Hooray!

So of course after the treatment I went for a lovely lunch alone and made sure I picked somewhere that didn't have highchairs! Ate lunch with two hands, drank a hot cup of coffee and was able to enjoy the rest of the day shopping for big stretchy tent like clothing without navigating a pushchair around central London. Today I definitely feel like I'm winning at life. Now i just need to uncover a big stash of cash so that I can make this a weekly pick me up!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment