image1 image2 image3

MAMA MAKES|THREE KIDS UNDER FOUR

Mum Boss






This week it's my mum's birthday. It's only since being a mum myself that I've realised how much work and love she put into raising me. I assumed she loved making my bed each morning, longed to make dinner every evening and actually got a kick out of ironing! My favourite hobby as a teenage was leaving my dirty clothes sprawled around my bedroom as though I was creating an art exhibition. I definitely don't remember thanking her for any of these chores! Oh to be young, ignorant and selfish! I'm one of four children that she spread out over 15 years, her first at 17 and last at 32. She had to wait a long 32 years before the last one flew the nest. That's longer than a life sentence in this country for murder!




I wrote a little ode inspired by my mum and all my wonderful mama friends who work so hard to survive day to day and provide the most loving environments for their little ones to flourish! We are all a Mum Boss and sometimes we should do a fist pump just because we are so fabulous! So here is a textual fist pump for each and every one of you wonderful super mamas!



Mum Boss


My mum is the Don
The Boss and is Gangster
She's stronger than Hulk
and can be a prankster

She cooks and she dusts
she irons and she mops
She hoovers and sweeps
It seems she never stops

She will read me a book
I shout again mum again
She'll read it once more
And won't ever complain

Walks round the lake
A trip on her bike
When I tumble and fall
My tears she will wipe

Hunting for worms
Or odd socks from the pile
She never lets things slip
Not even her style

She might be off to the office
Or working from home
She's a boss all day long
And will never moan

She taught me to walk
Go from nappies to pants
There's no end to her skills
She even loves hunting ants

None of my heroes
Even come close
To the love for my mum
For I love her the most


By Nareece Dearsley





Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Love this! I can relate to so much of this and its so nice to read your journey! xx

    ReplyDelete